Happy Thursday! Here are this week’s interesting eBay auctions for vintage football cards and related collectibles.
- I found the descriptions of these 1950s “artist proofs” hard to follow, but you can read about them in a Sports Collectors Digest article from 2012.
- Here’s an uncut 8-card panel of 1961 Fleer cards with remarkably sharp corners.
- Remember the partial set of 1965 Topps “short boys” from a few weeks ago? Here’s the Joe Namath rookie card from that set.
- Here’s a nice complete set of 1974 Wonder Bread cards that started at $1.99. Ever notice that the offensive players in this set have red borders and the defensive players have yellow ones?
- PSA has awarded a grade of 10 to just one 1952 Bowman Small card: a Jimmy Phelan card that’s up for sale this week. Phelan coached the Dallas Texans to a 1-11 record in 1952.
- Oddball item of the week: a dish commemorating Baltimore’s win in the 1958 NFL Championship, the “Greatest Game Ever Played“.
- Enjoy picking through huge lots of mid-grade cards? Then you might like this 2100-card lot of 1969 Topps cards and this 1000-card lot of 1968 Topps cards.
- This week’s most-watched vintage football card auction is for a PSA 7 Jim Brown rookie card that started at $9.99. Also on the most-watched list is a complete set of my favorite cards, 1970 Topps Super Glossy inserts.
Like these? See my Interesting eBay Auction articles from past weeks. And if you’re a Facebook user, be sure to hit the “Like” button below.