January 10th, 2012 | Published in Interesting eBay Auctions
Happy Tuesday! This week’s interesting eBay auctions are especially interesting…
First, here are some items I haven’t seen before: 1950 American Nut & Chocolate University Felts.
The listings say the felts are 75 by 45 mm; that translates to about 2.6 x 1.6 inches. I did a quick web search and found a picture of one more, Alabama. I’m guessing that the Felts were included in candy boxes similar to these.
Next are some cards I’ve seen only a couple of times: 1932 College Football Captains cards.
- John Oehler of Purdue
- Pug Rentner of Northwestern (who later appeared on a 1935 National Chicle card)
- Stan Sokolis of Pennsylvania
- Walter Hass of Minnesota
- Gregory Kabat of Wisconsin
Again I did a little digging, and I found an old auction for the full set of ten.
- I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the originals, so these reproductions of 1949 Sohio Cleveland Browns photos were interesting to browse. 1949 was the Browns’ last season in the AAFC. In 1950, the AAFC folded, and the Browns, San Francisco 49ers, and Baltmore Colts merged into the NFL.
- Here’s the pack of the week: a PSA 9 1961 Topps 1-cent pack. The holder says Bart Starr is on top. Does that mean there are more cards in the pack, or is Starr on the bottom, too?
- And Bart Starr again, on a PSA 10 1964 Wheaties stamp. The Wheaties stamps have nice images of the players; you can read about them in one of my earlier articles.
- Finally, I did a double-take when I saw this Dick Butkus card. It looks like a 1971 Kellogg’s 3-D Dick Butkus card, but it turns out it was cut from the cereal box. Here’s one of Craig Morton, still on the box.